Burn’s night celebrations in Liverpool.
Happy Burns Night (and day!) to all our lovely customers from the team at The Liverpool Gift Company. Today marks the annual celebration of Scottish poet, Robert Burns who was born in 1759 and Scottish inspired parties and festivities are popping up all over our city this weekend.
Traditionally, celebrations are marked with regional suppers, with traditional soups like potato and Cock-a-leekie on offer for starters. Main courses usually consist of haggis, tatties (mashed potato), neeps (mashed turnips) and of course, the finest whisky available.
Luckily, some of Liverpool’s best restaurants are honouring the day with a special menu designed to ignite your inner Scot. Here’s our best picks…
- The Philharmonic dining rooms are hosting a special event over the weekend with regional fare on offer and they proudly boast of a dram of Talisker single-malt whisky on offer to help you toast Burns in style.
- The Italian club restaurant, situated on Bold street, have found the perfect recipe for creating an Italian classic with a Scottish twist. They will be serving ‘McSween’s haggis pizza’ as well as traditional Cock-a leekie soup and have created a special starter of haggis, mashed potatoes and Scottish Scallops. The menu is only available today so head down for a unique experience for your taste buds.
- Home bar and canteen have a few special drinks on offer tonight including a Chivas Regal,12 year old whisky, nettle cordial and peach bitters!
- 60 Hope Street’s Burn’s Night extravaganza has unfortunately sold out for Saturday night but you can join the waiting list and cross your fingers! They will be offering some special cocktails on the night if you’re just after a drink.
- Delifonseca are marking the annual event with a three course menu and a choice of whisky on arrival. Info on tickets can be found here.
St George’s Hall are also kicking off festivities with an evening of Ceilidh dancing, whisky drinking and of course, lots of fun. Some tickets are still available so act fast to reserve your place! Tickets also include the wonderful live band Gallimaufry and a traditional Scottish Burns Supper.
As we type, the snow is once again descending on L18 so if you’re resigning yourself to a cosy night on the sofa rather than venturing outside, one of our mugs might be the best bet.
Love from The Liverpool Gift Company.